Brothers and Sisters,
Once again it is hard to believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.
Dates of interest:
- Sunday, November 1, is when we turn our clocks back an hour.
- Thursday, November 26, is Thanksgiving Day.
- Friday, November 27, is the dreaded Black Friday.
- Monday, December 7, is Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
- Monday, December 7, is the cut off date for your envelopes to be sent in for the Christmas Party.
- Thursday, December 17, is our Christmas Party.
- Friday, December 25, is Christmas Day.
- Wednesday, November 11, is Veterans Day.
To all of our veterans, a special thank you for serving our country. To those of you who have family members serving in the Armed Forces, tell them they are being thought of every day by all of us, and thanks a million. Go to www.militarywallet.com for information. Click on discount for free meals and discounts.
There is a granite monument in Westminster, MD, that reads: "This monument is dedicated to mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, sons, daughters, lovers, friends and most of all dreams of the men and women from Carroll County who risked it all in Vietnam." You can also substitute WWI, WWII, Korea, Desert Storm and other conflicts.
- For bowlers, if Anne Arundel County schools are closed due to weather, then there is no bowling. If schools are just 2 hours late, then we bowl.
- For retiree meetings, if Baltimore City schools are closed due to weather, then there is no meeting. If schools are 2 hours late, then we have a meeting.
- For the Christmas party, if Baltimore City schools are closed, then there will be no party. If schools are 2 hours late, then we will have the party.
- Remember to update the Union Hall with new telephone numbers and address changes.
The hall for our parties is the UAW Hall at 1010 South Oldham Street. It's near the corner of South Oldham Street and O’Donnell Street, right behind the BP station. The hall is right off the Boston Street exit of Route 95 (new tunnel) and the O’Donnell Street exit of Route 895 (old tunnel).
The Christmas party will be held on Thursday, December 17.
There are some changes that have been made: (1) The hours for the parties are now 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (instead of noon to 4 p.m.), and (2) NO ONE will be allowed in the hall until 20 minutes prior to the start of the party.
Start getting your envelopes in. Remember that your check should be $25 if one person and $50 if 2 people. You will get your check back at the party. They have to be received by Monday, December 7. There will be a cake wheel and a money wheel. We need volunteers for both of the wheels. Please bring cakes for the cake wheel; thank you in advance.
Top Round Beef on the Pit
Sweet Italian Sausage on the Pit
Homemade Maryland Crab Soup
Creamy Whipped Garlic & Parsley Potatoes
Sweet Corn Casserole
Sauerkraut & Kielbasa
Greek Salad with Fresh Feta
Homemade Pasta Salad
Assorted Cheese Platters
Chips & Pretzels
Assortment of Breads & Rolls for the Pit items
All Fixin’s & Condiments
Assorted Sheet cakes
Draft Beer (2) Selections (Budweiser & Miller Light)
New Members: Ciro Pistorio, Wayne Teter, Joe Smith, Russell Brady, Robert Warren, Donald Watson, Tom Duncan, Charles Holmes.
Sick Members: Eugene Chamberlin, Taylor Howard
Deceased Members: Jimmie Pease (Allied Systems), Milton Stapf (Mountainside), Bob Hayward (Mountainside), James McRae (Sysco).
Remember to keep these members and their families in your thoughts and prayers.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, November 19, 2015, in the Sullivan Hall at Teamsters Local 355, 1030 S. Dukeland St., Baltimore, MD. Remember, there will be no meeting in December due to the Christmas party. Coffee and donuts are served at 9:30 a.m., the Executive Board meets at 10 a.m., and the General Meeting begins at 11 a.m. A light lunch is served following the General Meeting. Hope to see you there. Remember to bring another retiree with you.