Remember to VOTE!
Brothers and Sisters,
Some very important dates are coming up soon.
- November 2 is Election Day
- November 11 is Veterans Day
- November 25 is Thanksgiving Day
- December 6 is the cut off date for your envelopes to be received for the Christmas party
- December 16 is the Christmas party
- December 25 is Christmas Day
Congratulations to fellow Teamster retirees Henry Rutledge, Ken Brown, Bob Schultz and Vernon Williams for winning the Fall Teamster golf outing. This is the second year in a row that retired members have won this event! Hope to see you at the Spring outing. We can still use some more bowlers.
To all of our veterans, a special thank you for serving our country. To those of you who have family members serving in the Armed Forces, tell them that they are being thought of every day by all of us, and thanks a million.
Teamsters Local 355 has a great web site for you to check out-- http://teamsters355.com/. Click on the retirees and photos links and the Teamster History Archived at George Washington University. Our Local is trying to gather past information for the Local 355 archives. If you have any Local collectibles or history you would like to share, please contact the Local.
The new hall for our parties is the UAW Hall at 1010 South Oldham Street. It's near the corner of South Oldham Street and O’Donnell Street, right behind the BP station. The hall is right off the Boston Street exit of Route 95 (new tunnel) and the O’Donnell Street exit of Route 895 (old tunnel). The Christmas party will be held on December 16.
There are some changes that have been made: (1) The hours for the parties are now 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (instead of noon to 4 p.m.), and (2) NO ONE will be allowed in the hall until 20 minutes prior to the start of the party. Start getting your envelopes in. Remember that your check is for $25 if one person and $50 if 2 people. You will get your check back at the party. They have to be received by December 6. There will be a cake wheel and a money wheel. We need volunteers for both of the wheels. Please bring cakes for the cake wheel, and thank you in advance.
- Steamed Shrimp
- Top Round Beef on the Pit
- Sweet Honey Ham on the Pit
- Sweet Italian Sausage on the Pit
- Homemade Maryland Crab Soup
- Shrimp Creole
- Creamy Whipped Garlic & Parsley Potatoes
- BBQ Chicken
- Sweet Corn Casserole
- Sauerkraut & Kielbasa
- Greek Salad with Fresh Feta
- Homemade Pasta Salad
- Assorted Cheese Platters
- Chips & Pretzels
- Assortment of Breads & Rolls for the Pit items
- All Fixin’s & Condiments
- Assorted Sheetcakes ~ Coffee
- Draft Beer (Budweiser & Miller Light)
- Non alcoholic beer
- Soda~Coffee~Ice Tea~Lemonade~Bottled Water
Please be sure to purchase some of the 3, 2, 1 and baskets of cheer tickets!
- New Members: Benedict Falice (UPS), John Mayola (Cons. Freight)
- Sick members: John Kirschke, Steve Golwacki and Frank Barnett
Remember to keep these members and their families in your thoughts and prayers.
The next meeting will be on Nov 18, 2010, in the Sullivan Hall at Teamsters Local 355, 1030 S. Dukeland St., Baltimore, MD. Remember, there will be no meeting in December due to the Christmas party. Coffee and donuts are served at 9:30 a.m., the Executive Board meets at 10:00 a.m., and the general meeting begins at 11:00 a.m. A light lunch is served following the general meeting. Hope to see you there. Remember to bring another retiree with you.
Bob Eney President