On This Day in 1826
Indian field hands at San Juan Capistrano mission refused to work, engaging in what was probably the first farm worker strike in California.
- Union Communication Services
“All labor that uplifts
humanity has dignity."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
• Labor 2018 in review
• The 8 most important labor stories of 2018
• 6 ways to keep your digital life secure
• Government shutdown leave workers reeling
• Right to work resurfaces in Missouri after voters said no
• Lawmaker files bill to repeal Virginia’s right-to-work law
• 130,000+ workers walked off the job in 2018. Will strikes continue in 2019?
• Recent court rulings provide mostly positive results for workers
• In 2019, women’s rights are still not explicitly recognized by U.S. Constitution
• The promise of the Sunrise Movement
• Being resolute about resolutions
General Membership Meetings:
Feb. 3, 2019 - Baltimore
Feb. 17, 2019 - Salisbury*
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
* The Salisbury meetings are held
at Hampton Inn, 121 E Naylor Rd.,