On This Day in 1826
Indian field hands at San Juan Capistrano mission refused to work, engaging in what was probably the first farm worker strike in California.
- Union Communication Services
“All labor that uplifts
humanity has dignity."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
• 'Right-to-work’ for less is un-American
• Waves of workers are hitting picket lines
• Trump’s support from union members takes a dive
• Hoffa: Union pension fight heats up on Capitol Hill
• Trump administration seeks to lift teen labor protections
• AFL-CIO: Trump-style job safety deregulation is killing workers
• Anheuser-Busch orders 800 hydrogen-powered semi trucks from Nikola
• Gig drivers aren’t independent contractors - they’re employees
• Workplace organizing pays off, just ask public school teachers
• Workers just organized the first federally-recognized fast food union in the U.S.
• Sanders introduces Senate bill protecting employees fired for union organizing
General Membership Meetings:
Feb. 3, 2019 - Baltimore
Feb. 17, 2019 - Salisbury*
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
* The Salisbury meetings are held
at Hampton Inn, 121 E Naylor Rd.,