On This Day in 1859
Abolitionist John Brown leads 18 men, including five free Blacks, in an attack on the Harper's Ferry ammunition depot, the beginning of guerrilla warfare against slavery.
- Union Communication Services
• 'Right-to-work’ for less is un-American
• Waves of workers are hitting picket lines
• Trump’s support from union members takes a dive
• Hoffa: Union pension fight heats up on Capitol Hill
• Trump administration seeks to lift teen labor protections
• AFL-CIO: Trump-style job safety deregulation is killing workers
• Anheuser-Busch orders 800 hydrogen-powered semi trucks from Nikola
• Gig drivers aren’t independent contractors - they’re employees
• Workplace organizing pays off, just ask public school teachers
• Workers just organized the first federally-recognized fast food union in the U.S.
• Sanders introduces Senate bill protecting employees fired for union organizing
General Membership Meetings:
Oct. 7, 2018 - Baltimore
Oct. 21, 2018 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!