On This Day in 1978:
Supreme Court rules that employers may not require female employees to make larger contributions to pension plans in order to obtain the same monthly benefits as men.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• GOP health plan pushes out older people.
• Top AFL-CIO officer: Unions are never backing down.
• The press is essential, whether presidents like it or not.
• UPS gives top brass a raise despite missed targets.
• Landmark decision concerning Teamsters goes to court.
• Trump budget proposes 13 percent cut to Transportation Dept.
• Teamsters fight back against UPS ‘golf cart’ bill in Kentucky.
• Labor Radio: XPO Logistics settles Teamster labor complaint.
• Immigrants don’t make up a majority of workers in any U.S. industry.
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!